1926 Seminary Dedication Video

A treat for the week before the 2011 Commencement ceremony. As of this year, the Clayton campus of Concordia Seminary has had 85 Spring Commencement ceremonies.

Deep within our digital archives, there exists a silent film showing the dedication ceremonies for the Clayton campus of Concordia Seminary. The Seminary moved here from its previous location near Concordia Publishing House on Jefferson Ave, closer to downtown St. Louis. The Clayton campus is the Seminary’s 3rd home, with its beginnings as a one-room log cabin school in Perry County, MO (a replica of which is located on the grounds of the Clayton campus).

It’s impressive in and of itself that this video have survived for posterity. No doubt it’s been re-recorded in different formats in order to be handed down. And now it’s found its way into the digital age. Enjoy.

~ by Site Administrator on May 12, 2011.

Leave a Reply